- Posted by Maria Regan
- On November 4, 2020
When RWJBarnabas Health, New Jersey’s largest health system, decided to create a magazine, they were looking for unified messaging along with a way for each hospital to connect with its local community. The result is Healthy Together, produced in 11 editions.
Each custom issue features eight pages of shared system articles and 16 pages of hospital content. It has garnered a number of awards, including the PRSA New Jersey chapter’s 2019 Best in Show and a Gold Digital Health Award for health media/publications.
The engaging, reader-friendly design and editorial approach allow RWJBarnabas Health to cut through the mass of healthcare marketing messages in New Jersey. Healthy Together reaches 1.75 million residents quarterly.
Does a print magazine really work in this digital age? You bet! Take, for example, the 200 registrations for a single event one week after the magazine mailed—and the event was only promoted in one edition of the magazine.
Below are some of the many benefits of including print in your marketing mix.
- Nearly 75% of consumers find ways to avoid advertising.
- In contrast, 57% of consumers say a hospital newsletter is their most trusted source of health information.
- Compared to online reading, paper-based reading:
- generates more focused attention, higher comprehension and better recall
- is more likely to stimulate emotions and desires
- is preferred by 73% of adults.
- Print magazine readership grows over time, as readers pass along their copies to friends and family members. In fact, magazine secondary audience contributes 73% of primary sales response.
- 79% of magazine readers say that “Even in this digital age, I still love the touch and feel of a printed magazine.”
In short, it’s time to take a second look at what the power of print can do for you.
Sources: MPA 2019/2020 Factbooks; 2018 Annual Trust Survey from Edelman